A Parent’s Guide to Screen-Free Activities for Kids
Infant care in Houston
Teens in the United States are spending nearly nine hours a day using a digital device, according to a study conducted by Common Sense Media. For children between the ages of 8 and 12, the average screen time use is nearly six hours per day.
As a parent, you want your kids to have access to the technology they need to succeed in school and prepare for successful careers. However, you also want them to lead balanced lives and appreciate the value of healthy and enriching offline activities.
Encouraging the moderate use of media gives your children more opportunities for interactions and experiences that are essential for healthy development. Take a look at the benefits of disconnecting from digital devices and ideas for what to do when you’re offline.
Benefits of Screen-Free Activities (especially during Coronavirus):
1. Shape up. Too much time sitting in front of screens increases the risk of obesity. Give your children a head start on making exercise a regular part of their routine.
2. Sleep well. Bright screens and mental stimulation interfere with quality rest and sleep. Set a curfew that electronic devices are turned off at least 2 hours before bedtime.
3. Promote learning. Digital devices can deliver excellent educational content, especially during Coronavirus, but a steady diet of empty entertainment or texting can distract from studying. Help your child keep their mind on their schoolwork.
4. Manage behavior issues. Using media wisely helps prevent aggression, substance abuse, and other risky activities. It also promotes the development of essential social and communication skills.
5. Save money. Maybe you have trouble affording the latest devices. Countless inexpensive activities teach kids how to value relationships and creativity rather than material possessions.
source: Child Development Institute
Nutcrackers Daycare Academy We are a family owned and operated academy that provides children with a strong foundation to begin their lives. Our teachers are highly trained and extremely attentive to support your child’s desire to explore and discover. Our passionate staff values the relationships we have with our families and work hard to involve them in all our activities and decisions. Our facility provides an openness inside and out for a child to feel free to explore, create, and learn in a safe, loving and developmentally appropriate environment. Contact at 713-842-7796.
Houston Infant care
Academy, Children, Infants 1, Infants 2, Toddlers, Preschool, After School, Child Care & Day Care, Best Infant Day Care in Houston, Best Child Care in Houston, Childcare in Houston, Daycare & Preschool, Child Care Service Houston, Preschool Houston, Best houston preschool, educational preschool, preschool education, preschool in houston, preschool programs in houston, preschools in houston, Houston preschool, Houston Child care, Houston childcare, Houston daycare, Houston Infant Care, Houston after school care, preschool in Houston, Child care in Houston, childcare in Houston, day care in Houston, daycare in Houston